Friday, November 1, 2013

KY3361ABR-242 Mini Volt Meter

This is a mini review for a volt meter I picked up off eBay a while ago for about $1.50. I don't know that it has a name, so I have decided to call it the KY3362ABR-242 Mini voltmeter. I suspect KY3362ABR-242 actually refers to the display, but regardless it is written on the bottom of the volt meter. That is what I am calling it. As you can see in the pictures, V1303 and DV036A are also printed on the back, but I am ignoring those.

Not a whole lot of information was given with this purchase, but what the seller offered I saved for posterity below.
Specifications:
  • Measuring range: DC 0V--30V
  • Input range: DC 2.5V-30V (Max Input: DC 30V. The device can be damaged if input is over 30V)
  • Display Color: RED
  • Display: Three 0.36 "digital tube
  • Measurement accuracy: 0.1%
  • Refresh rate: about 300mS / times
  • Input impedance: About 100K
  • Dimensions:33mm*15mm*10mm
  • pitch of holes:28mm
  • aperture size :2.8mm
  • Operation Temp: -10℃-+65℃
Wiring:
  • red:power supply +
  • black:power supply -, measure -
  • white:measure +



I soldered on some nice male headers with some heat shrink and got to testing. Here are the photos.

Measuring the 3.3 V supply from my MB-102 power supply

Measuring the 5 V supply from my MB-102 power supply

Measuring the 5 V supply from my Arduino Mega powered over USB.

As you can see, the mini voltmeter consistently read close to the same thing that my craftsman meter read. Granted that is not the best benchmark, but it is what I have. It is also interesting to note that the KY3362ABR-242 can even measure the power supply from which it is being powered.

All in all, this is a very nice little purchase. I would definitely pick one up if you have a need. It is not going to replace your multimeter, but it is a very nice real time display for breadboard power supplies or similar. You can also do cool stuff like hack it into an I2C display.



No comments:

Post a Comment